Poodle Strip Quilt and Garden Update

Strip Front I have had this stack of fabric sitting in my sewing room for quite some time. Months ago I swapped Alison for two of the fabrics - one from Jennifer Paganelli's Poodle line and one from Dena Design's Leanika line. I wasn't planning on using them together when I swapped for them, but once they arrived I loved how they coordinated.

Strip Detail

I paired them up with a couple different Kona pinks and browns, Sandi Henderson's Henna Garden in Spring and Pink and another Poodle print from Etsy. I just love the combination.

Strip Back

For the back I simply did wider strips of the same fabrics. It makes it reversible which is always nice. I quilted it with straight lines, 1/4" on the top and bottom of the seams of the strips on the front. The binding is the lighter Kona pink from the front. It measures 57" x 40". This quilt was donated to the 100 Quilts for Kids program.

I also wanted to give you a garden (ahem...farm) update. I am 2 months in and so far it has been pretty successful. The weeds think so anyway!

Garden Update

I have had pretty good success with all the seeds. What you are looking at here is sunflowers, cosmos, corn, pumpkin, watermelon and cantaloupe (still too small to see in this photo), carrots, scallions, cucumber, lettuce, peppers, beans and tomatoes (which are almost all out of the photo). Everything was started from a seed except the peppers and tomatoes. I have spent a LOT of time weeding. I noticed everyone around me has mini tillers that they use to keep the dirt tilled up and the weeds from taking over. Maybe I will consider that next year if I do this again. 600 square feet is a lot to maintain. But it has been fun and I look forward to harvesting more vegetables soon. The lettuce is already ready and tasty!