I’m back from a little vacation in Florida and feeling very refreshed. We don’t always go away for Spring Break (staycation anyone?), but this year we headed south to visit family and it was such a great break. Everyone wants to see a few pictures before we talk about this year’s Summer Sampler, right? lol
Here we have the very rare, complete family photo. I’m usually behind the camera, so it’s nice to occasionally get a picture with all four of us in it! Being at the beach doesn’t hurt either.
We were staying with family in Ponte Verde, Florida which is about halfway between Jacksonville and St. Augustine. Besides the obvious beach and pool time, we went to visit the Castillo de San Marcos where the kids earned another Junior Ranger badge. We also saw tons of alligators at the Alligator Farm. But the *coolest* part of the week was just pure luck. During a storm Monday night, a shipwreck from the 1800’s (they think – likely had been buried in sand preserving it) washed ashore about 10 minutes from where we were staying! We followed some clues in the photos of the wreck on the news…and found it! Super amazing to see. You can read more about the discovery here and here.
Thanks for humoring me and looking at my vacation photos. 🙂 And now for the real announcement! Spring means one thing around this blog…a new Summer Sampler Quilt Along is in the works!
The Summer Sampler 2018 theme this year is travel inspired. How many times have you been on a trip and seen something and thought “that would make a great quilt block”? Katie, Lee, and I, along with a group of amazing designers, are creating blocks inspired by different cities, monuments, or architecture. (These will not be literal pictorial blocks of locations.)
For a limited time, we’re offering it for a special pre-sale price of only $24.99—and as an extra enticement, blog readers can get an ADDITIONAL $3 off right now by using coupon code “EARLYSUMMER”. The coupon code is only good until April 6.
Summer Sampler 2018 includes:
• Fully-tested instructions for a new 12″ (finished) block each week, beginning May 14 and running through September 17, with a break/catch-up week the week of July 2-8
• Complete finishing instructions (delivered September 24)
• All fabric requirements and suggested Kona Solids colors (a limited number of fabric kits will be available from www.sewtopia.com)
• Quilt mock-up coloring sheet for planning
• Weekly Summer Sampler newsletter email subscription with stories about our inspiration, tips for sewing that week’s block, and other bonus content
• Access to a subscriber-only Facebook group to interact with other quilters and the designers
Subscribers will receive a mock-up of the completed quilt the week of April 23, along with complete fabric requirements, social media information, designer info, and much more.
I hope you will consider joining us again this summer! I am very excited about this theme and the opportunity to learn about different parts of the world, as well as look a little closer at the details that make this world so beautiful.