Category — Inspiration
Charlotte over at Lawson and Lotti asked me if she could peek into my sewing space for her Sunday Sewing Spaces series. I had to say yes, I love when other crafty people post pictures of their spaces! Head on over to her blog for lots of photos and a little interview with me about where I
January 22, 2012 12 Comments
One of the best parts about the online sewing community is how generous everyone is with posting free tutorials on their blogs. After finding a few new ones (to me) this week, I thought it’d be fun to share some links.
1. Crossed Quilt Block by Ellen at The Long Thread
2. Scrap Jar Stars by Amber at A Little Bit Biased
3. Japanese X and + Scrappy by Amy at Badskirt
4. Ribbon Star by Lee at Freshly Pieced
5. Texas Star by Jolene at Blue Elephant Stitches
6. Spiderweb Block by Heather at House of Ala Mode
7. Square Square Paper Piecing Template by Tamiko of Patchwork Notes (For those of you that have never paper pieced and want to make Tamiko’s block, you can find beginner paper piecing directions here or here.)
8. Herringbone Block by Holly at Bijou Lovely
Those stars above would be great additions to the stars we are making for the Solstice Stars Series. Aren’t we lucky to have such a talented group of friends online? Makes me very happy!
Have you written a great quilt block tutorial or have you found one that has inspired you? I’d love to hear about more in the comments!
January 20, 2012 20 Comments
As more of you email me photos of projects you have made from my blog, through patterns, tutorials or just quilt inspiration, I thought it would be fun to create a Flickr group where you could post these pictures for everyone to see. I truly enjoy seeing your quilts and projects. I’d love for all of you to join the Fresh Lemons Quilts Flickr group!
There are also a few other new groups that you might not know about.
Group icon by Megan of Lucy & Norman
Finally, for the quilters *and* knitters, there is a new group called Purl and Patchwork. A lot of us in this group are new to knitting, and it’s a great place to ask all your newbie questions as well as be motivated by what the experienced knitters are creating.
I hope to see all of you there!
November 16, 2011 7 Comments
1. Halloween Bunting, 2. Halloween Quilt, 3. Selvage Mummy Progress, 4. Etsy, 5. trick or treat! BOO to YOU! Swoon!, 6. Halloween Buddy Bags, 7. Halloween bunting, 8. All in a row table runner, 9. Pumpkin Pillow, 10. Halloween Block, 11. Halloween bag set, 12. yoyo garland bling
Has anyone started sewing for Halloween yet? A couple years ago I heard some crazy statistic that Halloween is only second to Christmas for the amount of money people spend to decorate. Sounds like a good reason to make things by hand. I have been looking around Flickr for some ideas. I think I will at least try to make some bunting. How about you?
September 16, 2011 9 Comments